Today all important flight information is displayed on the hard-mounted instrumentation in your cockpit or on tablets connected to hard mounted equipment. Created by Aviators for Aviators, the WingBug is a WiFi-enabled Pitot Static ADAHRS system that is personal, portable, affordable and light-weight with recording capabilities. It is a fully self-encompassed device that is wireless and easily mountable to any aircraft, using a variety of proven mounting methods. It’s internal battery is rechargeable and provides a 12 hour battery life.
(NOTE: For pilot and passenger safety, this is not a tablet GPS created ground speed based instrument simulation. Your indicated airspeed is obtained and displayed with a Pitot Static system which is critical to safe aircraft maneuvering. This provides the added benefit of true and accurate flight instrument redundancy, should a primary system fail.)
Carry your cockpit instruments in the palm of your hands with WingBug’s interactive iPad application (available in the Apple Play Store) independently displaying information, like Airspeed, Artificial Horizon, Altitude, Turn Coordination, Magnetic Compass, and Vertical Speed Indicator. Additional situational awareness is enhanced with AOA (Angle of Attack), Side Slip/Skid indicators and ADS-B In capabilities.
The recordable backup pitot static system provides you the ability to review your true flight data anytime and compare your flights effortlessly. This WingBug Precision Measuring Device with the WingBug application, is the only true portable stand alone pitot static device available anywhere.
SOME DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS
- Four (4) years of research, development, testing, and evaluation before release to the general aviation public
- Dimensions: 7” x 3” x 2.5”
- Weight: 11.8 ounces
- Aerodynamics: Designed to be used at speeds up to 260 mph. Wind tunnel tests demonstrated 1.1 lbs of force against the device at this speed
- Max Airspeed Indication: 260 mph/225.9 kts
- Max Altitude Indication: 25,000 ft
- Max VSI: +/- 2000 fpm
- Max Bank Angle Indication: 180 degrees
- Water Resistant
- Shock Resistant
- Rechargeable Battery with a 12 hour life
- Pitot Static air measuring system
- MEMS Chip Technology (comparable to glass cockpit and commercial drone)
- The device includes a custom case, charger, mounting hardware, quick start guide, WingBug decal, WingBug keychain
- Customer care and support available at no charge via email (Support@WingBug.com) or call us at 1-833-WINGBUG (946-4284)
- One (1) year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. At the conclusion of the initial 1 year warranty, an additional 2 year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty is available via an in app purchase.
WingBug is a product of
U.S. Patent #9,834,316
A US Veteran Owned Company